New Business Underwriter – Vehicle and General Asset Finance
Reporting to Head of New Business
I am currently looking for an experienced Asset Finance Underwriter to join a professional company based in the City. You will need to have at least 2 years’ experience as a Asset Finance underwriter, with a proven ability to assess finance proposals based on a variety of data sources, including but not restricted to: Experian, Creditsafe, Equifax, Company accounts
Strong communication and negotiation skills are a must as you will be liaising with clients and professionals on a daily basis. Strong customer relationship skills, with an understanding of the various types of credit that is on offer.
* To underwrite Business Finance Division leasing and hire purchase proposals in accordance with my clients Credit Policy and delegated underwriting authority in a consistent and objective manner.
* To provide credit analysis on leasing and hire purchase proposals requiring underwriting outside of delegated authority.
* To contribute to the achievement of Business Finance Division’s annual objectives in terms of new business volumes, rate and credit quality.
* To ensure that my client provides a first class, professional level of service to and maintains excellent relationships with all customers, introductory sources, joint venture partners and other third parties.
* To ensure that for new business proposals, as much information is gathered together in a presentable format for credit approval.
* To underwrite new business proposals in accordance with my clients Credit Policy and the delegated
authority granted from time to time (where appropriate, this may involve visiting potential customers), providing a decision within 4 hours of receipt of the proposal.
* To visit customers as and when requested and provide a comprehensive report detailing all relevant issues and risks within 8 hours of the visit.
* To maintain and develop relationships with my clients existing brokers.
* To provide a quarterly monitoring and review for my clients credit committee of its 20 largest customers.
Your duties will include:
* To underwrite new business proposals within the delegated authority granted from time to time (where appropriate, this may involve visiting potential customers), providing a decision within 4 hours of receipt of the proposal.
* To gather all relevant information and submit together with a supporting recommendation for credit approval to Head of New Business /Director/Credit Committee level if over delegated authority.
* To assist the Head of New Business with regular reviews of regulatory and compliance requirements within the department.
* To perform a quarterly analysis of my clients 20 largest customers and present this information to the Credit Committee, making recommendations in respect of relationships either to be monitored carefully or to be further developed.
* Assist the Head of New Business with complaint handling responsibilities within the department.
* To ensure that when underwriting my clients achieves the right blend of rate, collateral and credit quality in each transaction.
* To visit customers as and when necessary and to provide reports on the visit within 8 hours.
* To communicate underwriting decisions and quotation of terms as appropriate.
* To maintain excellent relationships with all brokers by providing prompt and professional decisions and service.
* To assist, where able and appropriate, my clients credit control department with any defaulting customers.
* To take on any ad-hoc tasks or projects assigned by the Head of New Business or any Director.
Monday to Friday: 09.00 to 17.30 with one hour for lunch Evenings and weekends: as required
Please ONLY apply for the above position if you have the relevant Asset Finance Underwriting experience, otherwise your application will not be processed. If interested in this role, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Dealer Credit Analyst ( Motor Finance )LondonExcellent salary and benefits negotiable according to experience
Our client are a fast growing and …
Our client a progressive Business Finance provider have an opportunity for a graduate looking to develop a career in finance particularly in credit …
Motor Finance – Account Manager
Our client is a dynamic Car finance company who are looking for an account manager to join there ever growing team. …