My client is a specialist Auto Finance provider of vehicle finance, rental and insurance products.
They are looking for an Internal Audit specialist, as an Internal Audit Specialist, you will work for a leading Bank focused on the automotive sector. You will be responsible for supporting the delivery of the audit plan through leading audit activities from planning to conclusion, collaborating with management on improving control effectiveness and reporting to the leadership team. You’ll be expected to support the team’s active involvement in the risk management process and to inspire change and continuous improvement, whilst upholding professional standards in internal auditing.
- Plan, scope and undertake audit assignments effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision, ensuring work is produced to the required standard and deadline by identifying key risks, assessing, and testing controls and identifying areas for improvement.
- Evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of the Internal Control System, highlighting weaknesses in areas not compliant with regulations, standards, and procedures.
- Produce high-quality audit reports, written in a clear and concise manner to convey observations and risks to senior management.
- Recommend improvements to business operations, processes, and controls.
- Manage the paperwork for the audit plan to ensure it meets the prescribed standards set by HQ and support with the performance of audit KPI’s.
- Actively monitor agreed actions arising from audit activity and support management in control improvements obtaining their updates and promoting best practices across the group.
- Maintain updated the Internal Audit system including new audits, reports, and assignation of action owners for completed reports.
- Build positive relationships with the business areas.
- Interact with the Senior Management Team and Internal Audit HQ team as part of the Internal Audit routine.
- Contribute to the development and upkeep of the internal audit plan, assessment of the company’s principal risks and the wider upkeep of policies and procedures.
- Support the Internal Audit Manager in the development of management papers for presentation to various Committees.
Support ad hoc projects as requested.
- 3-5 years experience, preferably in financial services/banking.
- Good knowledge of local regulations regarding consumer financing activities, transparency, anti-money laundering, and insurance.
- Independent and objective outlook with the ability to challenge accepted ways of doing things and assessments of risks in a constructive and professional manner.
- Enthusiasm for internal audit and a strong desire to excel in the role.
- Able to apply the Internal Audit conduct rules (confidentiality, integrity, competence, transparency, and objectivity).
- Exposure to Accounting and operational systems is desirable.
- Comfortable working under pressure.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, high motivation, and a proactive and positive approach.
For more information contact Vicky Apply Now