Title: Credit Underwriter – Asset Finance
Location: Midlands (Hybrid)
Salary: £39/£50k plus benefits
Our client is a prestigious lender who have an exciting opportunity for a Credit Underwriter to join their Asset Finance Flow team on a hybrid basis. Successful applicant will provide support to the Head of Credit Asset Finance Flow and ensure that all applications comply with Lending Policy. The ideal candidate would be a self-motivated, Innovative, results orientated, a team player, and able to quickly build relationships.
Responsibilities of the Credit Underwriter
- Assess the credit and risk profiles of customers within the asset finance flow (AF flow) lending market, determining the acceptability of proposals, and providing recommendations or alternative solutions where appropriate
- Conduct an independent assessment of each case and prepare the relevant documents for an informed decision to be made by the appropriate member.
- Ensure the main influencing factors and sanctioning analysis is accurately recorded when reaching proposal recommendations/decisions.
- Ensure compliance with Bank’s policies, procedures, and AF flow lending guidelines together with all appropriate regulatory and statutory requirements
- Facilitate business development efforts through a proactive approach to credit proposals
- Develop credit risk and industry/market expertise through both internal and external contacts with market participants, including due diligence and customer visits on an ad hoc basis.
- Complete annual reviews for accounts required under Lending Policy and assist with the preparation of appropriate MI reports.
Skills for the Credit Underwriter:
- Experience in underwriting and working knowledge of lending principles, credit analysis for small ticket transactions.
- Knowledge of the asset finance commercial environment and sector specialism including asset finance flow lending and the SME market
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An understanding of the relevant rules under the financial services acts.
- The ability to interpret and implement relevant guidance, ensuring compliance and due regard is paid to the interests of customers and customers are treated fairly
- A good understanding of Conduct Risk and Treating Customers Fairly requirements relevant to credit operation
- Excellent communication skills and organisational skills.
Benefits package for the Credit Underwriter includes:
- 10% employer pension contribution
- 10% Profit Share Bonus scheme
- 30 days’ holiday plus Bank Holidays
- Private Medical Insurance (AXA) including optical and dental cover from day one
- Life Cover at 4x salary from day one
… and more
Please contact Jo for more details. Apply Now