Location : Basingstoke -Hybrid working
Salary : Excellent salary and Career opportunity
Our client a fast growing and prestigious lender have engaged is to recruit a Business Risk Manager , this role will report into the Head of Risk and compliance .The job holder will development and maintain an effective Risk Management Framework that supports FCA/PRA and FSA Banking licence conditions (in line with Key Responsibilities detailed below).
Embedding the Risk Management Framework across all lines of defence, leading a programme of Risk and Control Assessments across the business.
Act as the conduit between business risk management and ICAAP, supporting the development of the annual ICAAP document.
Support the Directors, the Head of Risk and Compliance and other Senior Managers in discharging their duties under the Controlled Function and Senior Managers Certification Regimes.
- Provide the Risk Management Committee, Audit Risk and Compliance Committee, and subsidiary Boards with an objective evaluation of the adequacy and effectiveness of internal control and the risk management framework.
- Work actively and collaboratively with the business to ensure a consistent and integrated approach is applied to risk management, embedding the use of risk management tools in the First Line of Defence; train and coach employees on the key concepts of risk management to foster a positive risk management culture.
- Manage and further develop the Control Environment Certificate process.
- Actively identify control weaknesses and assist in the design, documentation and implementation of more robust controls; Monitor control enhancement activity to ensure complete and timely remedial action for control weaknesses.
- Oversee and analyse a robust incidents and events framework, capturing errors, losses, and operational complaints – assessing root cause, assisting with effective remedial action actions, and analysis and reporting.
- Develop and regularly prepare formal reports for internal Committees Board on planned, in-progress and completed activity
- Support delivery of the strategic plan for the Bank including active engagement in ongoing projects.
- Actively develop key risk metrics and risk reporting in conjunction with the Chief Operating Officer and the Finance Director to provide insights to credit, operational and conduct risks.
- Investigate and recommend suitable solutions for the digitalisation of the risk management framework, ensuring that they support both recognised risk management methodologies and business need.
- Management oversight for key risk policies eg fraud, business continuity, incidents & breaches.
- Conduct control audits/investigations as required, identifying and assisting with the resolution of risk issues.
- Assist with general risk matters and enquiries from the business and external advisors or regulators.
Knowledge, Experience and Skills
- 5 years’ experience in a risk or governance role within a large financial services business, preferably with direct exposure at Board level within that organisation.
- Relevant risk management qualification (this could include relevant accountancy or banking qualifications).
- Sound knowledge of FCA and associated prudential rules as they relate to consumer credit markets and banks.
- Previously held a controlled function role or had significant demonstrable exposure to such a role.
- Experience of risk management and risk reporting, preferably in an organisation with multiple business lines and geographies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills – able to translate complex ideas for varied audiences in a manner that is clear, simple and effective.
- Mathematically minded with strong analytical skills – able to source and assess data to build effective risk metrics that given real time insight into control performance; and then to interrogate that data to assess and address root cause.
- Skilled at influencing key stakeholders.
- In-depth working knowledge of risk management frameworks and techniques, with the ability to select appropriate methodologies to apply to a rapidly moving business.
- Ability to interact with regulatory bodies as the subject matter expert regarding the risk management framework.
- Ability to work independently and manage own workload under pressure.
- Strong strategic and analytical thinking, with a focus on efficient problem solving.
For an more details, please contact Julie Ramsay Apply Now